Service Announcement | US Government Shutdown
Political manoeuvring in America has led to the Federal Government shutting down.
Services right across the government have been suspended or reduced including those relating to customs and border service. This will have impact on all freight entering or leaving the USA and will cause some current delays and back log once shutdown is resolved.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time and will be updating this page with any updates as they come through.
How this will affect you
- Import and export delay in general operations including HTSUS website shut down
- EPA 97% of workers shut down
- Imports FDA severe delays expected
- Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has suspended operations
- Import and export customs exams will be delayed and also backlogged once the shutdown is resolved, long delays expected
- Delays in export declaration approval
- Government license cargo major delays
- Export Carnets process delayed