Exemptions to Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) measures released | November 2018
The Department of Agriculture and Resources (DAWR) have published an update on certain manufactured goods which may be exempt from Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) measures.
Are my shipments exempt?
Goods that are manufactured on or after 1 December 2018 may be exempt from the seasonal measures, providing they meet the following requirements:
- Are your goods manufactured on or after 1 December 2018? (Goods are only considered to be manufactured on or after 1 December 2018 if all its large, complex components have also been manufactured after 1 December 2018.)
- Are your goods classed as new machinery, vehicles, vessels and/or new complex parts and equipment? This includes goods classified under the following tariff chapters only: 82, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 and 89.
- Are you able to provide evidence that the goods are manufactured on or after 1 December 2018? (Evidence can be in various forms such as a manufacturer’s declaration, commercial invoice)
- Are you able to provide a declaration stating the goods are new, unused and not field tested?
- Can the goods be verified to have been manufactured on or after 1 December 2018? (Evidence can be supported by labelling on the goods)
- If you have answered yes to all the above questions, BMSB measures do not apply to your goods.
If sufficient evidence is not provided, or if upon inspection the goods cannot be verified as being new and manufactured on or after 1 December 2018, the goods may be directed for export or onshore treatment (if permitted).
More detailed information can be found here or contact you local Custom Broker.