Do you export to the USA? New piece-level screening rules
After 1 July 2017, you will be unable to export to the US by air unless you comply with US air cargo screening requirements that require strict 100 per cent piece-level screening.
Please note, to avoid increased costs, delays and any red tape, it is extremely important you understand these changes and what you need to do to comply before 1st July 2017.
As an Air Freight Exporter to the USA you have two options for meeting the requirements of the USA government:
- Using an Australian Government-approved freight agent (RACA) who can examine your US-bound air cargo:
- You will continue to deliver or Mainfreight will pick up your air freight shipment and we will arrange this examination on your behalf. Additional costs will be incurred, but at this stage they are yet to be confirmed. We will keep you advised as soon as we have confirmed information.
- Please also note that cut off times could be affected – again we will keep you updated as information comes to hand
- Becoming an approved Known Consignor, which allows you to secure air cargo at your business:
- Mainfreight will continue to arrange your shipment, there will be no delays getting your export away because your cargo will already be secure cleared.
As you know these requirements have been imposed by the US Government and as an exporter to the US it is your responsibility to make sure you are fully aware of what impact these changes will have on your business. Mainfreight are here to support you and make sure you are kept up to date with all these changes. It is extremely important you understand what is required to make sure your export is not delayed in any way.
The Australian Government’s Office of Transport Security (OTS), have worked with many businesses already to enable a smooth transition. Mainfreight are working very closely with the Department to make sure we are keeping you, our customer, up to date.
OTS sent a notice out to all exporters a few months ago. Please click on the link to see this notification in case you missed it.
We have been speaking with many of our customers to assist with questions and concerns. If you have not yet spoken to anyone at Mainfreight and are concerned about your export business to the USA, please do not hesitate to contact your customer service representative who will direct you our Mainfreight Security Officer if required.