National wharf cartage solutions
Owens Transport is our dedicated wharf cartage division delivering seamless and efficient container transport services to and from Australian ports.
Our branches and team are strategically located close to major ports allowing us to move and stage containers outside normal working hours so that your lead times are minimised.
What sets us apart?
Safety and compliance
Chain of Responsibility laws govern the heavy vehicle road transport industry. Our local teams are trained to meet these requirements providing your business peace of mind by minimising risk while your shipments are in transit.
Our large customer volumes and port relationships ensure scheduling flexibility that can give you peace of mind around your container delivery services.
Decentralised customer service teams located in each branch providing timely, accurate information on delays, futile trips and detention to minimise your administration time and costs.
Demurrage cost control
Electronic container timeslot and dehire notifications ensure better planning processes that minimise demurrage charges.
Our wharf cartage service capabilities
- Container movements to and from the wharf
- Container loading and unloading solutions
- Cross –docking services
- Bulk storage capability
- Onsite weighbridges allowing easy and cost effective container weight verification (SOLAS) to ensure all legal requirements on behalf of the shipper are met.
- Our dedicated owner driver fleet operates 24 hours per day offering the added advantage of overnight container deliveries.
- Project logistics team to guide you through the process of complex, out of gauge or over dimensional movements.
Talk to our team to find out how we can add value to your supply chain operations.