SCO Summit | Qingdao, China | Early June 2018
Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summit | Early June
Please be advised that Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Summit will take place in Qingdao early June, which will have significant impact on Supply Chains due to the strict security measures in place. Disruption expected across sea, air, rail and road transport; Mainfreight Qingdao office may be closed during this time.
At this stage we have not been advised of when our office will close during the SCO Summit. We will share any further information in a few days.
- Some domestic airlines have reduced flight frequency up to 70% and are not accepting freight bookings during this period
Road Freight (from June 6th - June 12th):
- Vehicle restricted policy in the Qingdao Downtown and Airport areas affecting pick up/delivery services
- Electric cars with two wheels/ three wheels will be prohibited to enter Qingdao Downtown/ Qingdao airport area meaning pick up/delivery service from courier company is not available
- No DG cargo operation will be allowed in Qingdao port before and during summit time
- Starting 15th May, all cargo to Qingdao port will undergo inspection
- Starting from May 30th until June 15th, any vehicle with gasoline/driven by gasoline will be restricted to enter port area, which will dramatically affect delivery/pick-up transport
We will update you on any additional information as the need arises. Early bookings recommended to minimise delays.
For further information, please contact Mainfreight Asia Qingdao Team.
|Branch Manager||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Operation Manager||Email: email@example.com|
|Operation Manager||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Qingdao Office - Tel: +86 (532) 8097 7788
We appreciate your patience during this time and please be assured that our teams around the world remain focused on delivering the best possible service. If you have any questions please contact your local Mainfreight team.